coolant leak

lee lee

as above really look at the car this afternoon and noticed ive got a little puddle of coolant on the drive,
had a look and poke around and found its not the rad nor the rad hose's, so got me thinking is it:

water pump?

is/are here hoses that go to and from the engine?

bit worried about this to be honest,its coming form the left hand side of the engine dripping near the sump?
any help i would be a very happy man

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Where was the leak on the floor? If it was directly under the water pump , then that might be your problem. However there are about 7 other hoses on the back of the engine, some can leak in a similar position.
The ones on the factory oil cooler can leak onto the downpipe and look like it might be the water pump.
Best idea is to try and catch the leak in action.

lee lee

ya its on the floor mate,its defo coolant as its green water, but ive also lately seen a drip or two of oil from the same area too, do you know where i could get the 7hoses from please? as the engine is coming out soon for a new clutch,
many thanks lee

Animaldaz

The first kit is an assorted set and is mainly for the back of the engine and under the inlet mani.
The second set is the 2 heater hoses and the 2 for the oil cooler.

If i were you i would get both and replace the lot when you do your clutch.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you're dripping oil under the pulleys, it's possible your front crank seal needs replacing (or it could be the sump)

lee lee

Fast Guy said:
If you're dripping oil under the pulleys, it's possible your front crank seal needs replacing (or it could be the sump)
yes thats where it is coming from:-D
is that seal in one of the packs ive ordered?
also if not, could they get it? a garage is doing the work iam just supplying them everything i can lol.
so far everthing is uprated:thumbsup:

also noticed one of the boots that looks like comes from the gear stick has split is this common?