cone or mushroom filter

G

GTiR Jon

Would there be any difference if i changed my M's spec K&N for one (sound/performance)? It looks a lot nicer. Think all the M's filters look filthy all the time :roll:

antgtir

GTiR Jon said:
Would there be any difference if i changed my M's spec K&N for one (sound/performance)? It looks a lot nicer. Think all the M's filters look filthy all the time :roll:
I have one of these sat in the loft at home.

IMO i would get the Apexi, as Jimmyback says they are the best :D :wink:

Ant.

P.s Steer clear of the mushroom filters, they break down with age and end up letting small amounts of the foam through to the turbo which then melt and cause an inbalance on the turbo fins.

antgtir

JIMMYBACK said:
campbellju said:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/index.html

Make up your own minds as to the accuracy/effectivness of the precise test but it does give a good general overview of the different types.

Jim
i rest my case 8) (big smug grin) :lol: :lol: :wink:
Lol, right there with you, i have the Apexi fitted and i must admit it is very impressive, also very good if you have quite alot of pipework etc as they are relatively very small compared to the other filters shown on the test. :D

Ant.

P.s. Nice link Jim.

mattygti-r

standard air box with a good panel filter prob does far better than any other filter

but then its not shiny or "look good" so suspose no one wants it

i was going to put twin apexi filters on the GT-R, but kept the MINES airbox idea

if you really want a filter go for either

blitz sus or lm
apexi or TRUST (yellow)

they are all good filter, or Ms factory