Compression for 400bhp????

marc

Whats the standard compression of our engines?

And what compression would you run for 400bhp at the fly

thanks marc

marc

The pistons im looking at are 8:5 ACL forged ones....

Anyone shed some light ?

What pistons do most use? or is it a thicker head gasket ?

nismoboy

marc said:
The pistons im looking at are 8:5 ACL forged ones....

Anyone shed some light ?
it depends what turbo u are using to achive 400bhp is u use a small turbo u will have to run more boost (1.6 bar +) but if u use a large turbo 1.3bar on a gt30 would be very close to 400bhp.

so genrally high boost lower the compression, low boost keep the compression standard.

nismoboy

marc said:
I plant on buying a gt30 turbo , so the pistons im looking at will not be suitable then ?
depends, if u used a 1mm hg to compensate the piston high cr then yes u will be fine, otherwise buy some lower comp pistons.

marc

When do the standard injectors max out? Im guessing I would need bigger ones? aswell as a maf sensor ?

Mr GTiR

I've got 87mm JE pistons with a 1.2mm triple layer metal head gasket along with a GT 28/40 turbo.

Injectors are 660cc with a Z32 MAF and Power FC Pro.

All that lot shoudl see 400bhp at 1.4 bar 8)

ashills

those pistons are for teh 200sx and when used in gtir will give 8.3:1 due to the head on the gtir
400bhp is fine on standard compression on pretty much any boost 500 should be a problem if its mapped spot on

marc

What head gasket would you reccomend then for that set up , would be a replacment standard one seeing as the comp would be fine i suppose

ashills

nah just because the compression is the same doesnt mean u can use a standard gasket as cylinder pressure swill be a lot higher than standard if ur gonna run 400bhp
most people go for 1.2 mm gasket from hks etc

J

jord369!

id recomend a gearbox to go with the turbo!! they dont like power :lol:

JAMMA

Marc I have these pistons fitted to my engine along with a 1.2mm head gasket. If your looking for any info gimme a shout.

Jamie