coilovers

R

r5ben

im after some coilovers for my R to get a lower and better ride but cant seem to find any place that sells them can anyone help :D

A

Anonymous

r5ben said:
im after some coilovers for my R to get a lower and better ride but cant seem to find any place that sells them can anyone help :D
if you go into "search" and type in coilovers,you find 230 items for you to peruse :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What do you mean by better ride? Hope you don't mean more comfortable, because coilovers won't be :wink:
If you mean corner better then they all should help you do that :wink:

R

r5ben

cheer for that lads
i ment better ride coz ive lowered my that much on springs that ive started to get the sr nova bounce :cry: i want my car low but handle good to a hard ride is not a prob but i dont want it to bounce about :D

T

Toady

you could just get some koni inserts, theyre designed for lowered springs so dont bounce like you say. I used to have them and they handled very well, adjustable hardness too! If you need someone to fit them give me a shout! -ive done quite a few now! :wink: :D

youngsyp

The bounce you are talking about is cause by badly matched spring rate and damper rates. This could mean that you have overly uprated spring rates or, the dampers are shot. I'd tend to go with the latter!
As said above, the Koni inserts are probably your best bet unless you plan to take it on a track.

Just a small point, I always thought that lowering the R more than 30-35mm cause drive shaft alignment issues and resulting excessive wear ?!

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
Just a small point, I always thought that lowering the R more than 30-35mm cause drive shaft alignment issues and resulting excessive wear ?!
I was told by someone also that 40mm is the max, But try telling that to the know it all 12 year old's on hear :roll: :roll: with there slammed and on 18's maxpower stylee motor's :cry: .

rob

JIMMYBACK

youngsyp said:
vpulsar said:
youngsyp said:
I was told by someone also that 40mm is the max, But try telling that to the know it all 12 year old's on hear :roll: :roll: with there slammed and on 18's maxpower stylee motor's :cry: .

rob
Those pesky kids :? :lol: :wink:
mind u 40 mm is still quite low especailly if u live in town cos of all the speed humps

T

Toady

youngsyp said:
The bounce you are talking about is cause by badly matched spring rate and damper rates. This could mean that you have overly uprated spring rates or, the dampers are shot. I'd tend to go with the latter!?!

either that or its so low that the shocks are almost riding on their bump stops!

youngsyp said:
Just a small point, I always thought that lowering the R more than 30-35mm cause drive shaft alignment issues and resulting excessive wear
Yeah youre right it shouldnt be that much lower! :wink: but then again it does look good! :lol: