coil overs

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I was watching these... but I decided that the wife would kill me if I spend any more money on the car at the moment.
I don't know if they're any good, but they look like it don't they?

nimhbk

I know what your saying fella

The good lady will shoot me too

But one of my front shocks is leaking, and these at the mo seem to be the cheapest option.

Don't want to be spending to much on a car (like Teins at £760) which at the end of the day is worthless

red reading

tein's are over damped over rated shite anyway,those coilovers on ebay look the same as the apex/bc/bg etc which i have fitted on my car and find them far more adjustable than the tein's and on there softest setting are miles ahead for comfort,but they still go to rock solid if you like. just check the spring rates as any thing over 6kg/mm front and 4kg/mm rear will be a bit harsh for the road

lilmark

When i had my R i bought a set of D2 coilovers bought them off ebay for £500 including postage for new zeland never had a problem with them an they didn't take long to fit

davey red.r

tein's are over damped over rated shite anyway,those coilovers on ebay look the same as the apex/bc/bg etc which i have fitted on my car and find them far more adjustable than the tein's and on there softest setting are miles ahead for comfort,but they still go to rock solid if you like. just check the spring rates as any thing over 6kg/mm front and 4kg/mm rear will be a bit harsh for the road
after having tein superstreets on my car for 3 weeks id have to agree 100%dont like them at all for the money they were,id have my blue kyb,s back anyday.

red reading

under sprung and overdamped (tein's),you will never have proper control unless it is a perfectley flat road as being overdamped (esp compression damping) they will not absorb bumps correctley which will make you car hop and skip about on the road

davey red.r

because they`re real hard?
no ive got them on the minimum setting ollie now,tbh there not that hard, just aint as good as gabs or kyb,s for the road imo,gabs to date are the best strutt ive had for a road going r, but i knew that before getting the teins :doh::lol: