code 34

A

abreesa

im gettin code 34 come up on check.
ive experienced no engoine running difference.
does the code auto reset to 55 wen things are fixed or to you have to clear the fault codes once you have fixed the problem?
anyway code 34 says det sensor circuit
wat will i most likely have to do and where is the det sensor
oh and can this harm my car at all if not done right away

thanks stuart

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The det sensor is on the back of the block under the manifolds and stuff.
It shouldn't hurt your car to run it, but sort it asap as the ecu should be putting you into safe mode which will retard the ignition and turn the boost down, this will make the car feel pretty lifeless.

It may be down to a broken/disconnected wire or a faulty det sensor.

O

oz_R_Jr

hey mate!! yeah i have the same problem!!

34 comes up! and i clear it and warm the car up and take it for a run.
i check the codes and the 34 comes up!!

i tork it to the work shop!! and they said the problem is in the Ecu it self! the guy said they couldnt get the referance voltage!! which its spose to be 2 volts coming out of the ecu! my ecu has been chip " a power chip" in it!

i dont know if that cuts out the knock sensor.

???

driving the car with the hand tool hoop into the ecu. the timing advances to 42 deg. than on boost it retardes back to 8 to 10!!!
"from memory"

dose the det/knock sensor cut in and out, or is it all through the rev range????

i was told by the chip guy! the knock sensor dosent read after 2 grand???
because they are a resernating engine!! SR20

can anyone tell me anymore about this!????

thank you

hmmm

I had this problem a while back. I got the fault code 3,4 and the car was running at a lower boost. Got the DET sensor changed and the boost went back up and all was fine.

When you clear the code it gets reset. When you take it out for a drive, the ECU detects a fault and thats why you get the code show up again.

However, like Fast Guy said it could be a fault in the wiring or the sensor itself.

O

oz_R_Jr

hey i put my car up! yeah its a full on bitch to get tooO!!

but if the ecu dosent put it the voltage referance to go to the knock sensor! i hav a problem in the ecu! and maybe the sensor on the block is ok! but dose anyone know if the power chip changes any of that!
im only runing 12 pis! and when the code came up! it still ran fine yeah
i dont know whats happening!

do i have to get the ecu fixed! ??? is this hurting anything

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Manual said:
Det Sensor

"A knocking vibration from the cylinder block is appplied as pressure to the piezoelectric element. This vibrational pressure is then converted into a voltage signal which is delivered as output"
So I don't see how there should be an output from the ecu to the knock sensor when the knock sensor generates it's own signal for the ecu. Maybe he has an ECU he wants to sell you :wink:

It does give a value of 2-3V for the det sensor, so assuming this is the signal the det sensor outputs normally and is the one he's looking for, it might not be there because the det sensor is broken or the wire onto it is broken/disconnected. (Or I might just have it completely wrong :? )