clutch

gl3nn

Hi all, I'm trying to find an organic clutch for my r and am struggling, all I seem to find is exedy, can any1 recomend a good clutch please, I will be running around 340 bhp thanks

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
+1 for Helix Organic - 20% uprated so it clamps at the higher power, but not so hard that it bends the fork.
Maris Gras motorsport, and Demon Tweaks also sell them (but I got mine from a member on the modifier's site who was changing to a paddle clutch).

John

Yeah Helix is a good bit of kit, mines had no problem dealing with 388bhp and 327lbft on day to day driving, cant recommend it enough as its easy to use and cheap for what it is!

I put a exedy paddle clutch in mine, there not cheap but very good. I use it as a daily driver but when i go drag racing i dump the clutch at 6k revs without a problem! The one i had in it before this only took that abuse once! U will need to uprate the clutch fork though!

Deffo thumbs up for the helix. i have the organic one with the uprated cover, and has been in the car since 2005, and is still in perfect condition, and grips well on the hard launch`s :)

Get what you pay for though, so if you buy a cheapie dont expect it to last long.