clutch

C

chris_gtir

hey ppl u prob get this most 100times aday so i am prepared for sum grief, clutches i need to another one done as the OE spec clutch is slipping after only 250miles! so its going bk under warrenty lol. i wana fit sumin thats usable round town yet isnt going to slip when i do put my foot down, the car isnt running any serious power only approx 230bhp. any suggestions on where and prices? i have a new box yay!!

GTiR_Spin

I purchased mine with the stock clutch in it and had to replace it after about 4000km later, so i went with a Competion Clutch stage 4 6 puck i dont know why and it was the worst choice ever for a daily driven street car. i replaced that one myself after 1000km and put in a stage 1.5 ACT clutch and Toda lightweight flywheel. Its perfect, a good bit stiffer but so streetable and i only have a filter, decat, mufler, and other little odd jobs. Dont go with a 6 puck is my opinion for a streetable performance clutch.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
hey ppl u prob get this most 100times aday so i am prepared for sum grief, clutches i need to another one done as the OE spec clutch is slipping after only 250miles! so its going bk under warrenty lol. i wana fit sumin thats usable round town yet isnt going to slip when i do put my foot down, the car isnt running any serious power only approx 230bhp. any suggestions on where and prices? i have a new box yay!!

Christ man, can you not use normal english than crappy baby text talk? :doh:

geoff pine

I think Andy is suggesting that you have not read the forum rules rule 11 is is the one 11: Language
Anyone using TXT Talk will be issued with a strike. 3 and you’re out. Simple! Bad use of language will no be tolerated. You will use the Queen's English spoken with the it's correct elegance. Only when the Queen starts using TXT Talk will you be allowed to do the same!:lol: :lol:

mprice501

I purchased mine with the stock clutch in it and had to replace it after about 4000km later, so i went with a Competion Clutch stage 4 6 puck i dont know why and it was the worst choice ever for a daily driven street car. i replaced that one myself after 1000km and put in a stage 1.5 ACT clutch and Toda lightweight flywheel. Its perfect, a good bit stiffer but so streetable and i only have a filter, decat, mufler, and other little odd jobs. Dont go with a 6 puck is my opinion for a streetable performance clutch.

You had to change the standard clutch after 4000km WTF...How long is it spose to last?

C

chris_gtir

standard clutches are just pants, mine was an OE spec Quineten Hazel clutch and that started to slip are 250miles of bedding in time. plus mines standard spec.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
My standard clutch lasted me 4.5 years,plenty of drag strip action, some at 1bar and alot of abuse in between. I only killed it with 2 standing starts in 10secs in the end.