Clutch Problem?

billy187

Im running a Os Giken Twin plate with a quaife box, the clutch was bought off here a few months back having done 4k and was in good condition. Ive now done about 1k on it and its started making an almost dragging sort of noise when moving off in 1st gear and reverse. Other than that it works fine...

Any ideas guys?

Mad

Id ask the guys at DD but with my limited knowledge would suggest the clutch release bearing?????

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Im running a Os Giken Twin plate with a quaife box, the clutch was bought off here a few months back having done 4k and was in good condition. Ive now done about 1k on it and its started making an almost dragging sort of noise when moving off in 1st gear and reverse. Other than that it works fine...

Any ideas guys?
Prob's the flywheel that's warped. Is it more of a judder when you set off?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I dought its the OS Giken flywheel unless you installed the clutch kit incorrectly or you've been mistreating it somehow, as above I suspect the release bearing. OS Giken will always recommend fitting a new uprated OS Giken release bearing rather than the standard Nissan bearing.

billy187

hmm guess it could be a number of things then...clutch has never been launched since that and the quaife went in. I think il just leave it for a while and see if it get any worse as i dont really want to have to get it back in the garage to take it all apart again...