clutch problem

mprice501

I have adjusted the rod on the clutch pedal, wound it in as far as it will go but still bites close to the floor, when driving fast it grinds going into 2nd gear from 1st and a little bit going from 4th to 5th, when driving slowly and pushing the clutch hard down onto the floor then it goes into 2nd fine and 5th fine, paperwork says that an AP Racing clutch was fitted 3 years ago and the pedal creaks everytime when pressing it down, would this be a sign of the clutch coming to its end, or is the clutch not being able to travel far enough?

Last edited:

Jonesy

If its creaking, the clutch pedal box has probably broken away from the bulk head. Get your head in the foot well and see if it flex's as you depress the clutch pedal.

mprice501

just had a look this morning and looks like a bit of welding has been done there so the creaking could be related to that but would that explain the clutch biting point being too low to the floor?

Jonesy

When mine broke away my clutch bite point was really close to the floor, about and inch maybe less.

GTi-R23

As above really, sounds like your pedal box has had it, or maybe you've bent the clutch pivot fork if the pedal is excessively heavy?

youngsyp

Jonesy said:
If its creaking, the clutch pedal box has probably broken away from the bulk head.
Not true !

Mine's creaked ever since it had the 'uprated' clutch fitted around 5 years ago and my peddle box is just fine.

I'd expect the creaking to be at the pivot point, where it's overloaded by the heavy clutch action.

Paul

Jonesy

I said probably mine was creaking and that was what was wrong with it, but ofcourse it might not be.

davey red.r

mine creakes,on and off ,can be fine for 3month, then it can creak all of a sudden, for a few days, then it goes away again:? i have the support bracket fitted, but sometimes she still creakes.

davey;-)

youngsyp

davey red.r said:
mine creakes,on and off ,can be fine for 3month, then it can creak all of a sudden, for a few days, then it goes away again:? i have the support bracket fitted, but sometimes she still creakes.

davey;-)
That's pretty much what happens with mine mate !

It doesn't help that the GTiR is made of the thinnest tin Nissan could find at the time... :lol:

Paul

davey red.r

youngsyp said:
That's pretty much what happens with mine mate !

It doesn't help that the GTiR is made of the thinnest tin Nissan could find at the time... :lol:

Paul
yes agreed i wonder if the same little jap guy,
was fitting the the thinnest tin, and the one piston callipers, and the seats, on the production line :lol: there all crap,:oops:
call themselfs the world leaders in technology:doh: :lol:

mprice501

hmmmm if the pedal box has had it can i get another pedal box from another nissan sunny model at the scrap yard? or is it not removable (welded to the floor) and can only be rewelded?

stugtir300

no one has mentioned about checking the clutch slave cylinder for wear,check the little things first.if you dont manage to fix it am sure pulsarboby will buy your crap car for scrap.

mprice501

Well the car finally died and is currently having a new clutch slave cylinder fitted, the creaking was due to the clutch pedal needing oil :?

Last edited: