clutch/box

jonbhoy

hi, last week car started struggling to get in2 1st gear, when reversing car judders,all other gears fine,
car has just had gearbox fitted before i bought it,its also got an uprated clutch fork,pedal is very stiff tho. thers a kind of whining noise when in gear which goes away when clutch pedal down,also noticed when i was under it yesterday that oil leaking from gearbox casing at the bottom. i noticed oil on my drive but it was slight.
any ideas lads. my man reckoned the clutch???

rich1216

hi, last week car started struggling to get in2 1st gear, when reversing car judders,all other gears fine,
car has just had gearbox fitted before i bought it,its also got an uprated clutch fork,pedal is very stiff tho. thers a kind of whining noise when in gear which goes away when clutch pedal down,also noticed when i was under it yesterday that oil leaking from gearbox casing at the bottom. i noticed oil on my drive but it was slight.
any ideas lads. my man reckoned the clutch???
The juddering and selection problem sounds like the clutch end sounds a bit like the fork or release bearing isnt in right

pulsar350R

i had a similar problem like this, oil leak from the bottom of the box, and i was losing power too, when i opened it all up it turned out to be the transfer box.
if your stuggling to engage 1st and 2nd gear it could possibley be the gearbox,
have you checked the fluid levels.

jonbhoy

yip,all levels were fine, martyn VSS, just replaced the box for the guy i bought the car from, i have benn at it 2 days,gearbox is seperated from engine but not off yet, the rain wont giv me a shot at it. i have a new clutch ready to go so i hope thats whats wrong

pulsar_stu

It could also be the slave that's goosed! Mine did the same thing and I had the box off twice before finding out lol

Have you taken the end case off the transferbox and removed the diff so it's easier to get the gearbox out? ;)

jonbhoy

It could also be the slave that's goosed! Mine did the same thing and I had the box off twice before finding out lol

Have you taken the end case off the transferbox and removed the diff so it's easier to get the gearbox out? ;)
yes i did so m8, box is off, new clutch on, only problem is thet have sent the wrong release bearing,nightmare,this is my day off so i wanted to get a good bit done.