clutch bleeding

Tim

When my Clutch MC went there was really no signs that it had packed up, apart from the pedal hitting the floor and feel soggy.

As for changing it with the engine in, it's fiddly but do-able. Bastard of a job, but if i was to do it again it's not something i'd take the engine out for. Check for leaks or loose connections between MC and SC, did the hydraulic hose from the SC to the copper pipe get damaged when removing engine?

Trip

Had a very hard time getting the master cylinder out.

Installed the new piston and installed it back in. Intalling it back in was the worse job i had so far. Actually not the master cylinder was the worse.. Removing and doing back the plenum..

After several bleeding the clutch pedal was getting under pressure and coming up on its own.. What i noticed is there is a gap (freeplay) between the slave pin and the fork.. The pedal is a little spongy on its first half.. I know i still need to bleed out more air from the system but should that effect the freeplay between the slave pin and the fork ?

noriek2003

should've just left the clutch line connected to the slave and removed the whole lot from the box....bit late for that bit of advice now though..lol

Trip

The whole setup is new. The gearbox is a quaife (ex 00Sid gearbox with bracing), clutch fork is re-inforced, clutch is a metal 3puck with Exedy cover, flywheel is JUN. salve is standard though.