Climate control swap

:D Hey- anyone know if i can swap over a climate control heater/unit from a phase 2 R into my phase 1 (which only has air con but no Climate control?) Surely if it's just controlled by the computer that's in the heater control unit it can't be that difficult?

Also, i've heard there may be a sensor that sits near the windscreen on the passenger side, is this part of the Climate control?

All you guys with phase twos, do me a favour and have a little look for me please...

Cheers

R

r5ben

what changed in the ph1 and ph2 i didnt know there was ph1 and 2 gtirS :oops:

:D yep, sure was... A fair few differences. Too many to list again in fact but i've put a post about it round 'ere somewhere if you really wanna know. Don't know where i left it :roll: but if you search my previous posts maybe you'll find it.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Phase 1 (upto K/L I believe):

-GTiR Logo Steering Wheel
-Umbrella in drivers door shut
-"P" logo on the front grille

etc etc...

Phase 2 (from K/L onwards) :

-Plain Leather "Nissan" Steering wheel
-No Umbrella
-"Nissan" logo on front grille

etc etc...

Hope that helps :)

A

AZ STE

I think the wiring in the loom might be quite a bit different for the climate version but could be done .Yes there is a flat red sensor for climate control on the dash at the front passenger side which terminates behind the glove box.

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
i have also looked into this (but had to give up as the wrecked car which i was trying to get it from was being sold)
there is an extra (small) wiring plug at the back of the climate control unit
(which is not there on the normal one - but iirc the plug for it to connect to in the loom is in the models that dont have the option, its just taped to the side)
theres also the above-mentioned sensor on the dash
(didnt get to look into how this might be able connect up)
and the only other thing i could find was a (weird) bit of piping which goes from the back of the unit
(comes out of the rear of the cavity that has a small grill at the front left side)
and runs past the ecu and connects to the plastic housing where the lower air vents are (drivers side),
and the part where it connects is slightly different shape in the model which had it to mine which didn't...
(i think its the in-cabin air temp sensor, and the one on the dash is for outside (?)

as for changes between the models/series/phases,
the later versions were different to the early versions in the following ways:
(this relates to the japanese ones only)
- body colour ivory/marble white [KJ7] replaced with super white [531]
- body colour only available in black [KH3] or the above super white (no more grey [TJ1] or red [AJ4])
- umbrella holder removed (blank panel rather than vent from RB model)
- headrests changed to solid-style (from hollow-style)
- interior fabric trim changed to the same as the SSS model (no longer special just for GTI-R)
- badge on front grill changed to "Nissan" (from the Prince "P")
- steering wheel changed to all black with Nissan logo debossed (instead of red GTI-R logo button)
- windscreen changed to monotone (no upper blue section)
- roof lining changed to vinyl from twill (except for those that had the sunroof option)
- main instrument cluster logos changed to hidden unless lit (and ANTI-LOCK logo became ABS)

shalom
[earlymodelsarethebest!]

steering wheel as mentioned
just aircon to climate control added
P badge to nisan logo as mentioned
square nissan logo to round nissan logo on rear
umbrella to none as mentioned
headrests as mentioned
roof lining from soft stuff to vinyl as mentioned
bumper trim from greyblack to black
brown tinted montone windows to graduated blue tint
no clutch pedal support bracket on early models (or even some late ones)

and the grab handles changed from solid to spring loaded! :lol:

I've probably missed something...