cleaning a blitz sus air filter

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
They flow well though... on account of they don't filter much. ;-)

I'm surprised you don't oil them, that would have made more sense to me, and I'd bet they'd work better then.

Empty Pockets

Yeah i saw that japanese test back from 1999 but nobody knew who actually did it, and untill i see a turbo thats been damaged by a blitz sus i will still use them, my first R came with one fitted and i ran 2bar through it, must have been on the car a few years before i got it, plus the good few months i gave it death and the blades are perfect, plus i got a few mates using them with no problems whatsoever. Seen blade damage from using the hks mushroom so i'd never use one of those but thats it, you got first-hand experience of a blitz filter damaging a turbo ? It might not be everybody's first choice of filter but unless you've actually seen one damage a turbo it's not worth him buying something that he's already got because a few people heard a few people say it's shit.

Empty Pockets

When you have stripped engine's and turbo's etc that have used that stainless mesh P.O.S that does not filter dust at all,And find the damage i have seen (knackered valve seat's,turbo's that are chipped etc) along with dirt and oil condensed in the inlet system that is the perfect texture for grinding paste you would change your mind and fit a K&N or similar;-)

Stainless mesh filters are shit.
You type quicker than me ! Thats fair enough then, i don't dissagre with first-hand experience mate, if you've seen actual damage thats been made by a blitz filter ( not some ebay special ) then they're obviously not good. Just all i've seen is that one dogy test and loads of people calling them shit, my personal experience with the blitz filter is a good one ( on car for 2yrs on standard turbo with no damage )

stumo

If you're using a decent filter ie K&N, Green etc etc then you need to have a large filter so that the airflow /sqinch is low.

I would use a minimum of 200mm long and 150mm wide but bigger is better.

this is my setup,