cleaning a blitz sus air filter

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd go with carbie (or throttle body) cleaner over brake!

Yes, they are a steel mesh; so you can just wash them out... do you need to re-oil them like a K&N? - Incidentally, K&N say you shouldn't keep washing your filter all the time to make it pretty and red; they say that a bit of grime stuck in the oil improves the filtration because the pore size decreases (and it then traps more dirt). Obviously it's a fine line between the optimum level of grime in it, and so much that it's blocked and impeding the performance. I figure that if you clean it when you do an oil change, that's probably often enough.

steve963

dont wash in petrol, did this to a mates k&n and it shrank

he had a tiny shriveled filter inbetween the casings (escourt webber twin choke type)
hahah
ha

stumo

There's nothing wrong with what you have mate, don't go wasting money buying a new filter because someone said 'it's shit' lol.

if it's the mesh filter then it really is a bag o shite.

the only things it stops going into the engine would be dogs and cats...

red reading

There's nothing wrong with what you have mate, don't go wasting money buying a new filter because someone said 'it's shit' lol.
When you have stripped engine's and turbo's etc that have used that stainless mesh P.O.S that does not filter dust at all,And find the damage i have seen (knackered valve seat's,turbo's that are chipped etc) along with dirt and oil condensed in the inlet system that is the perfect texture for grinding paste you would change your mind and fit a K&N or similar;-)

Stainless mesh filters are shit.