Chassis Strengthening

B

Batch21

Hi all,

Does anyone know somewhere (preferably West Midlands based) that provides a chassis testing and strengthening service i.e. Sill strengthening, seam welding etc possibly even roll cage too.

Starting to worry now about the shell wont take the 150% power increase!

B

Batch21

wow, take it not then. gulp

guess i'll just have to weld some angle on then and hope lol :)

N

Ninja_tune_factory

are you going to have the car seam welded and pop rivited ?

iv found on lots of R the week point in them is where the chassie rails come up to the bottom of the bulk head they seem to come unwelded from there just due to the weld snapping

what cage are you haveing put in?

B

Batch21

Ninja_tune_factory said:
are you going to have the car seam welded and pop rivited ?

iv found on lots of R the week point in them is where the chassie rails come up to the bottom of the bulk head they seem to come unwelded from there just due to the weld snapping

what cage are you haveing put in?
It's a pulsar powered Micra so that's why i'm worried.

Chassis rails sound good, seam welding is pretty much a definite but i'm also worried about the sills.

I don't really want a roll cage if possible, i'll most likely have strut braces front and rear and maybe some 5 link anti-roll on the back axle (up from 3 point as stock). Possibly a lower brace at the back too if i can get one made to clear the deck.

It's mainly the sills though that i'm worried about.

Also i wanted to know if anyone knew of anywhere so i could take it along for them to check it over, just to make sure there were any weak points i hadn't considered.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

if you dont mind traveling there is a company that build rally car not far from where i am (in south wales ) and they could have a look at it to see if there any other points that need welding etc

B

Batch21

Yeah might well look in to that, where abouts are they and what are they called?

B

Batch21

Excellent, pretty close too! Will look into them when i get the car back.