charcoal canister top thin pipe

t16coupe

had to sort out some of my vac hoses as some where wrong and now its all running fine but carnt see where the top pipe on the charcoal canister goes or dont it realey do anything

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The top thin one is attached to one of the vacuum lines; I can't remember exactly which one, but I wouldn't make it the same as (a) the FPR or (b) your boost gauge.

If you've got the car running nicely I'd probably just forget about it; after twenty-odd years it's probably not doing much any more.

P

pulsarboby

it comes from vacuum box at rear of plenum direct to small vacuum outlet on carbon canister.
if you cannot find pipe then blank it off (never leave vacuum pipes open) just stick a bolt in the end if your not sure where something goes too

Animaldaz

Iirc the top thin pipe goes to a take off under the inlet manifold on no.4 cylinders runner. But as said ditch the thing

t16coupe

my fuel pressure regulator top pipe wernt going to anything and i have new run it with a t piece to the std boost gauge feed that sits on the pass wing is that all done right now