changing door locks..

Hannie

how difficult/easy/pain in the bottom is this? going to need new locks all round, dunno whether its worth waiting and getting new doors etc or temporarily putting new locks on... ?! either way need to get something sorted not got any of the keys for it now.

JIMMYBACK

the door locks will be pretty simple.....but i dont know about the ignition barrel as ive never changed one on mine before :D

JU5TY

Door locks... Just need to take the door handles off (two nuts accessed from behind the door trim), then its obvious from there as you can see the lock barrel etc.

Glad to hear you've got her back Han. :D

Hannie

ok cheers, ignition barrell shouldn't be too bad done one of those before wasn't sure abou thte doors but i'm sure i can handle it. :D

antgtir

Never done it on the R before but having done a change on other central locking units it shouldn't be too difficult, i wouldn't have thought it was worth changing the doors for it anyway. Yeh good news about the recovery.

P.s. im sure you can just get the barrel setup changed by any decent locksmith then get keys cut to suit that.

Goodluck,

Ant. :D

JIMMYBACK

Hannie said:
ok cheers, ignition barrell shouldn't be too bad done one of those before wasn't sure abou thte doors but i'm sure i can handle it. :D
very sly :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but i get it

Hannie

i will in the future get new doors, but having little cash and little time, i need to get the new locks on asap for security reasons, the theif has the key at the moment..lol

G

GAZ P

I need a full set of door/boot/ign locks for mine also, Nissan want £190 for a full set :evil: .If any one has a set please or knows of a R being broken with a full set.