Central locking playing up.

Perrin21

Hi, I need some help with the central locking on my car. The passenger door won't lock with the remote from my alarm. It unlocks if I use the remote and the car constantly thinks a door is open. I first thought the door aperture switch was at fault but after replacing both it hasn't fixed the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions. How easy is it to remove and refit the passenger door card to take a look? The button inside the car that controls the central locking works perfectly fine and operates the locks as it should. Why am I getting a door open light on the dash?

John

Removing the door card is very easy:

2 x screws at the hinge end of the door
4 x screws along the lower edge
1 or 2 screws in grab handle (1 on drivers side, 2 on passenger side)
plastic trim round door handle
3 poppers under door card at the door striker end

then

multiplugs to elec windows etc.
I needed to take off the plastic triangle piece aswell. (Where the window frame meets front of door). That just pushes on.

I found it helps if the window is down to do all this.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Look at the actuator: is it moving like it should? Has it slipped, or is it loose?

It might be as simple as you need a little lubrication on the mechanism inside the door; it can get stiff if nobody has looked at it in the last 20 years.

Perrin21

What is baffling me is that it works fine if I press the button to operate the central locking on the drivers side elec win switch so surely the actuator must be fine. I think it's related to the door open notification on the dash. I have changed the door aperture switches on both sides and it's not solved the problem. Also the interior light stays on

danr

there are 2 seperate rods to the motor. one unlocks the door by itself, the other is connected the internal puller so either of the 2 can work the lock. bit ott imho. ive gone for 2 solenoids off ebay. gonna rip old motors out and jsut attach these to the handle puller rod. there 5 wires so you can connect the drivers to the passenger solenoid to operate on key unlock etc.

darkyGTI-R

I had this problem well saying that it has returned it's a bit of a botched job from the alarm installers tbh it started slipping as they broke one of the screw mountings the muppets!
I will get around to doing it some time in the new year perhaps, just another one of those bloody annoying things!

Perrin21

I've taken apart the door card and
Sprayed some wd40 on the mechanism. Still no joy. I just want it sorting out. You think I should take it to Nissan?

danr

if youre gonna take it anywhere, take it to an alarm installers. should be cheap, as theyll probably replace the nissan solenoids with uprated units.