Central locking - mind of its own!

M

meheadhurts

The central locking is playing up...kinda hard to explain....

....sometimes it won't lock the passengers side, when I lock
with the key on the drivers side

and sometimes when i'm driving the passenger side
lock will open and close real fast!

Is this a common fault.....

...coz it happened with my previous pulsar also!

any deas?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Mine to, my passenger lock flicks from lock to unlock a few times everytime I turn the ignition or open the drivers door.
It got really bad the other day, as well as the lock the passenger window kept on opening it-self continuosly whilst driving, it did it for about 10 mins, pain in the bum as it was pissing down at the time.
I think it must be a short circuit somewhere.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I have taken apart & inspected both drivers and passenger side window switches this seemed to make no difference, I even changed the drivers side switch for the spare I have, this also made no difference. :cry:

Now I thinks it's a broken wire somewhere around where the wires come out the door and go into the car body.

A

Anonymous

Great iam not alone, it happens to my car as well. Could it be the alarm? I have a GT Auto alarm.

A

AZ STE

The normal door lock has a soleniod actuator below it this pulls down causing the door to lock,these would be actuated via a relay so it could be a faulty relay or the old bad earth problem.Ive recently seen earth strap kits being sold which are supposed to aid this type of fault and give increased BHP by giving remote earth connections out from the battery to vital pieces of kit and not just the engine.