cat light

nismo-400R

guys ive changed my exhaust to a side exit one and i chopped the wire that goes into the cat as i couldnt get it out,but now the cat light is on in the dash,is this a problem?

gtir_pimp

there is a plug under the drivers seat. unplug that and it will go out. when my light come on the car wouldnt rev past 2.5k rpm! ecu goes into limp home mode!

Mr GTiR

nismo-400R said:
i chopped the wire that goes into the cat as i couldnt get it out,but now the cat light is on in the dash,is this a problem?
Your light is coming on as you cut the wire and it's now earthing out on the body/underside of your car. As people have already said, under yours drivers seat carpet you will find the plug for the temp sensor you have just chopped. Unplug it and the car will be fine.

Fusion Ed

gtir_pimp said:
there is a plug under the drivers seat. unplug that and it will go out. when my light come on the car wouldnt rev past 2.5k rpm! ecu goes into limp home mode!
The really strange thing about this is I cannot see so far where the sensor has anything to do with the ecu. But I have seen this several times too. It seems a largely undocumented 'feature' The ecu doesn't even report a fault when its happening.

Ed

Shaun

Micra Ed said:
The really strange thing about this is I cannot see so far where the sensor has anything to do with the ecu. But I have seen this several times too. It seems a largely undocumented 'feature' The ecu doesn't even report a fault when its happening.

Ed
Funny you should mention this Ed,i have the Nissan Data log software and when i scan for sensors it registers the cat temp sensor.I've not yet run the software whilst driving to see if it registers any temps but as you have the software too maybe whilst mapping you could check?