Castle Coombe - April 25th

RU55 GTR

Hello,

Is anybody going to the action-day on the 25th April? I'm currently going with the SXOC, but would be nice to meet-up with other GTiR owners!?!?

Cheers and all the best!! 8)

RU55 GTR

Well I'm definately going now as got access and two track-time passes.

If we get a few more together, I'm wondering if it's worth sorting a stand? What do you peeps think? Anyone fancy doing it?

All the best! :thumbsup:

nitrosgti-r

How did you manage to get track time mate? As the castle combe site havnt got any links up yet? And is there any point in setting up a 'stand' as i we usually just park in the same place with some sort of banner with gtiroc on it

Last edited:

RU55 GTR

I got my track-time through the SXOC as I'm a paid member. They are getting it as they are organising a stand.

Are there any numbers to call on the web-site? I see your point regarding the stand, but it gives all a secured (as in no-parking for others) place to position ourselves? Shall we guage interest and then move on from there?

Cheers! :-D

How did you manage to get track time mate? As the castle combe site havnt got any links up yet? And is there any point in setting up a 'stand' as i we usually just park in the same place with some sort of banner with gtiroc on it

nitrosgti-r

yeah sound good mate but i dont think it will catch on judging by the response on this thread. Can you get me some time then off the sxoc?

M

mynheers_a_pint

hey all. I have organized a stand for work but have had a number of people drop out. If anyone wants some free entry passes I'm happy to give people some passes. If you really want, you're also welcome to park in the stand area.

If anyone is interested, PM me. I have 5 or 6 available. There are quite a few cars on our plot, just a lot of people who are very apprehensive to take their cars on the track! I don't have any track time available.

RU55 GTR

hey all. I have organized a stand for work but have had a number of people drop out. If anyone wants some free entry passes I'm happy to give people some passes. If you really want, you're also welcome to park in the stand area.

If anyone is interested, PM me. I have 5 or 6 available. There are quite a few cars on our plot, just a lot of people who are very apprehensive to take their cars on the track! I don't have any track time available.
Thanks for the offer!! Shame I didn't see this before the day, could have had my R and my pal's S13 if you wanted.

We went on track. Thoroughly enjoyed it though and the car performed fantastically!

I'm considering arranging a GTi-R stand at one of these performance action days and getting track-access for those who want it.

What do people think?

M

mynheers_a_pint

Black R with White wheels having a tussle with an R500?

Oh and in regards to the stand, defiantly. It is quite stressful sometime, though!

RU55 GTR

Black R with White wheels having a tussle with an R500?

Oh and in regards to the stand, defiantly. It is quite stressful sometime, though!

That was me!! A tussle?! To be honest, I went round quite easily, but I am new to the car set-up so I can't take it to it's full potential yet. Getting there though!

I know what you mean; probably be for September this year or some-time next year as I know it can be a struggle.

Cheers! :-D

nitrosgti-r

Thanks for the offer!! Shame I didn't see this before the day, could have had my R and my pal's S13 if you wanted.

We went on track. Thoroughly enjoyed it though and the car performed fantastically!

I'm considering arranging a GTi-R stand at one of these performance action days and getting track-access for those who want it.

What do people think?
Im up for it

M

mynheers_a_pint

i might be able to ask for tyhe high res version if you want.

RU55 GTR

i might be able to ask for tyhe high res version if you want.
That would be great if you could!! (It is just a shame that I didn't manage to find the time to get all the masking tape off the inside of the rear window!!!) It's great seeing all the different pictures I'm managing to collect!

Thanks for that! How did we look? Pants?!?! LOL

M

mynheers_a_pint

That would be great if you could!! (It is just a shame that I didn't manage to find the time to get all the masking tape off the inside of the rear window!!!) It's great seeing all the different pictures I'm managing to collect!

Thanks for that! How did we look? Pants?!?! LOL
Well we were all impressed that you passed the R500 and you certainly looked quick round Quarry.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll try to e-mail them over tomorrow.

RU55 GTR

Cheers for that! It's good to get some feed-back and the perspective of those spectating. There is still plenty of development to do, a work in progress as it were.

I would appreciate any photographs you may have of my R. It's nice to keep a bit of a profile across the events and the cars development. I'll PM you my e-mail address. Also, do you have any photographs of a dark-blue 200sx S13 with gold wheels going round? That was my mate and he was in the same sessions as I.

Thanks again and I'll let you know if I go ahead with arranging a meet at combe for September.

:thumbsup: