Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think it's all down to how they are made. I'd say ultimately C/F can be lighter (think I've seen Skylines ones at 3kg) , but the process involved would probably put the cost well over £1000. Not worth paying that when you can get a not much heavier one in G/F for well under £500.

KF79GTIR

Fast Guy said:
I think it's all down to how they are made. I'd say ultimately C/F can be lighter (think I've seen Skylines ones at 3kg) , but the process involved would probably put the cost well over £1000. Not worth paying that when you can get a not much heavier one in G/F for well under £500.

And Carbon Fiber bonnets flap around when at speed even with bonnet pins. It doesnt give very good air flow hence unstable front end at high speed.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
My CFX one didn't. It was solid as a rock upto my top speed of 123mph. I obviously can't speak for speeds of above that. G/F ones can be very bad for that tho.

However, my modified G/F one on now seems as solid as the CFX one was and it's only held on with 2 aero catches.

Having said that tho, the factory metal one on my montego used to flap around. I stopped sometimes to make sure it was shut properly.

G

G4V_W_P

i was needing the carbon fibre for both light weight and to match my car my car is aruba blue(vauxhall colour) with black split rim alloys so thought the carbon fibre as well as being light would look good

I saw one today for sale at a car show in Northampton £450 it was a really nice quality. It was a company from Milton Keynes he said he had three of them, if you want i can find out their details.

Thats the one, the pulsar bonnet looked wicked, if i had some money i would have got it myself. My mate picked up one of their flyers i will get the info off of it.

youngsyp

pesh90 said:
This is the company that was at the northampton car show selling carbon fibre bonnets for the R CARBON FIBRE BONNET £450 + £45 P+P (In stock) :thumbsup:
Hmmm, I might go and pay them a visit, they're only just up the road from me !

Out of interest, how much does an OE steel bonnet weigh, with everything attached ?
Just to get an idea of weight saving with the carbon one !

MINESGTIR

Ive Bought One !!

IVE JUST PHONED AND BOUGHT ONE. SUPPOSEDLY HE HAS 2 AND ONE HAS NOW BEEN BOUGHT BY ME !

i WEEK DELIVERY THEN ILL PUT UP PICS . £513.17 TO MY DOOR !!!!!

BARGAIN. THANKYOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: