Car not starting

A

Anonymous

My car wont start, it turns over, but wont start
taken hoses going into and out of fuel rail, to check fuels going through, and it is. Checked plugs and they seemed ok. Just keeps turning over, an not starting

any help would be great, thanks

A

antilag

i no its a silly thing to say but do u have any alarms or mobileisers that could b causing a problem

J

jaigtir

not silly antilag, thats exactly what happened to mine. bloody clifford alarm. Dont know y, but the immobiliser kept kicking, in, checked all the wiring, and saw one part of alarm had come unconnected.
:shock:

A

Anonymous

yea it does have imobileisers
i dont know, when i first tried to start it it started quickly, then stoped
It hasnt been started for a while, about a week

J

jaigtir

Have you tried jump starting it? My ca went dead after a week of no use, lol, mind you the batteries are crap

zia

were the plugs wet? what condition sooty black or brown? is it sparking?

zia

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have you tried an ECU fault code check yet?

Ignition amp, Injectors dropping resistor, ht lead shorting out somewhere, ecu faultMajor internal fault :shock: (like cam timing out or something)

It could be the immobiliser, my concept 50 sometimes started the car then cut it straight away, it was upto 10mins before I could get it going again after that. It did it quite often.

H

Hedlund

DC, this is the exact same problem I have with my R in Sweden, I had a guy check it out for me after I`ve turned the entire engine inside out.

He found out that it was the fuel pump that is broken...
I starts and runs for a couple of seconds and then just dies.

Try to turn on the ignition but without starting the car, and then listen carefully, listen for a silent bzzzzz sound. If you here it then I don`t think you have a problem with the fuel pump, if you don`t here it then I think you should chk it out.

// daniel

N

NEIL R

yes i had the the same problem car would start then cut out it was allso my fuel pump.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help guys

I tried to start again today, and it started, without me doing anything
which is good, but bad in a way because i dont know why it wasnt starting before.