cant go round left hand bends fast

G

gary

every time i boot it round a left hand bend the car sort of cuts out and pops and bangs.had a up rated fuel pump fitted and has made no diiference.[:0]

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE [?]

J

jasegould

Fuel surge..unless you had a pump fitted with a decent pick up pipe, this has prob already been said but i cant c any replies[xx(]

Whos been Tango'd???

A

Anonymous

but you can get either the fuel tank moded ( or the pickup pipe carnt remember which) to remove this anoyance.

Or a free and cheep method is to run with a full tank ( and spill loads out as you corner hard)

Si.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You shouldn't spill any fuel going around lef hand bends as the filler cap is on that side. Just keep it over 1/4 full is what most people recommend. You need a decent pick up pipe to sort you out. One of the pumps has one, but I can't remember which one.

C

chrislloydus

sounds like your fuel pump is moving around in the tank - whoever fitted your uprated one hasnt secured it properly is my guess. I know of one tuner who is quite famous for doing this !
Check in the tank and secure the pump. BTW the popping and banging is effectivly the car running out of petrol, so pretty bad for the engine - it will run very lean for an instant.

Chris

kevgti-r

it could be a loose conection on the fuel pump relay,
my mates car was doing the same but was cutting out
round right hand bends.