Can't do fault code...?!

G

Glyn

Hi everyone, I,ve had my '94 pulsar 4yrs now, I've fitted cone filter, d/valve, larger bore f/pipe, mongoose system, bleed valve. I,ve had a running prob for ages, hesitation, violent cut off during acceleration, also if Inow open bleed valve anything more than completely closed, it boosts way below factory -but closed it overboosts, is this a week actuator...? I've learned from you guys about doing fault codes, but when I short out the 2 correct pins (with ign on) nothing changes, the engine light stays on, this happened to anyone else...? Finally and this is weird, the car only runs great when on its last and I mean LAST drop of fuel. I've replaced usualls -dizzy rotar leads plugs f/filter even fuel pump. I'm new to the computer but so glad I found this site as I do all my own maintenance/mods.

Shaun

:D Which two prongs are you shorting :?: And for how long :?: It should be the two on the right,nearest the door.I normally short them until the light flashes :!:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Are you sure the bleed valve is plumbed in right and you're turning it the right way :oops: . It sounds like it might be completely closing the line off to the wastegate when it's closed and therefore running unlimited boost. :shock:
What fuel pump do you have fitted?
Have you checked out the code check sticky to make sure you're doing it right?
http://forum.gtiroc.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=10984

G

Glyn

Hi mate yes its those 2 pins, I was definatejy making good connection and for up to 30secs, tried many times, all visible wires behind look ok...

G

Glyn

I know what you mean about plumbing the bleed valve, for devilment I tried different formations but still same affect, even with the factory boost cut valve bypassed and/or disconnected. its a 3way bleed valve, should the one at the end of the screw go to the i/cooler - plenum. and the 2 opposing ones go to the actuator and factory valve/retun inlet, ? I may be wrong.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
See if you can take the bleed valve out, so you just have the line (with restrictor in) from the plenum to the top mount and from the top mount to the t piece for the wastegate actuator/boost solenoid. The will rule any bleed valve problems out.

T

tombola

fault code

i had the same problem with a not responding fault code
it has a fuse in the box 4th from bottom on the right hand side
think its a 20amp
if u get a few fault codes flash up can be tricky figuring them out

if it still dont work u must have a different ECU