can i idle on standard ecu + z32?

danr

just need to check my ecu isnt fried, so i have a spare without a daughterboard etc.
i just want to let it idle on stock ecu with the z32, as i have no standard maf atm.
wont be driving it, just want to see if i have a power supply problem or ecu problem.

?

iomegalinux

i'm pretty sure it will idle, but as soon as you it the trottle it will crash some gas ;) and run like sh..
also it could be hard to start, but it should start.
mine start with 0v on the afm (a burnt circuit on the ecu)
you'll probably have to change spark plug after (so if you can, put old one or cheap one in the hole before you try to start it)

danr

cheers, got some plugs coming, so will let it idle on standard once they arrive.
would it knacker plugs if run on limp mode?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes, it will idle and probably run up to the point that you're off the closed-loop on the ECU... then it will fall over.
- It's ignoring the AFM and reading the lambda sensor at idle.

Fusion Ed

it may idle. It will ignore lambda, PobodY the stock ecu doesnt care that much for the lambda sensor. Starting it would ignore it if it doesn't get a valid signal it has to be close to begin with for it to work.

With the z32 on a standard ecu it would run lean. It may start and might idle but as the engine got hotter it would get worse to the point where you probably couldn't drive it.