camshaft and crankshaft timing

bengilmore

Hi,
Having my engine rebuilt at the mo, but the fella who is doing it just rang me and asked me if i could get the camshaft and crankshaft timing.
Can anyone help me please :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Search and ye shall find. :wink:

GINGA said:
The marks line up with the paint/coloured links on the chain but you may have to turn the engine over 92 times :shock: to get them to line up :cry:
Just been doing this today so by the manual this is the way I did it.
Line the crankshaft pulley upto the tdc mark on it (the second one from the rear) then put the exhaust cam so the woodruff key slot is pointing directly upwards then fit chain over it so its tight between the crank and cam pulley on the front of the engine. then the inlet cam woodruff key slot should be at about 45 degrees before the top and if you've got it right there should be 11 links between the marks on the each pulley(including the ones on the marks) then turn the enigne over until the marks on the chain are closeish to the marks on the pulleys and count the numder of teeth between the marks on the pulleys and the painted/coloured links on the chain the numder of teeth between the marks should be the same on both pulleys