BumpSteer kit feedback best all in £200 quid you can spend

have you got a bump steer kit?

• No - no I don't do cornering

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyepan

Allo Peeps

Just a little post to get you all excited about a cheep mod for the r that makes funk loads of difference to the way it drives.

If any of you feel like it does not want to corner very much and generally complains in the understeer department if you try and push it through corners, this is the mod for you.

I've been moaning on and off about the understeer in the R for ages, and in all but very low speed high acceleration this mod just really does sort the handeling out for the most part.. I've gone from mildly miffed to very happy with the way the r is prepared to corner.

It feels lighter and more responsive it will change direction mid corner and it flows through a series of direction changes in a way that it would never have drempt in the past. The back boggs down more and you can feel it doing more work, i think the car will be more prone to oversteer now. In the wet the other night getting it slightly sideways with a little deliberate heavy right toe action is much easier. It corners flatter and when you drive apply power smoothly it seriously increases the cornering speed. yep .. very happy.. its like "a different car"

Granted the car still suffers from the front lifting under heavy acceleration but nowhere near as much.

get it now from the cheep bumpsteer kit post for about 120.. then about 50 for laser allignment. The kit is simple to fit, bar getting nasty rusted track rod ends apart, i would also recommend getting rubber boots as they help to prolong the life of the rose joint.

ps my set up is 0.04 degrees of total toe out all round, and standard camber, which on my r is -1.5deg at front and nothing at the back. some people go for neutral toe at the front.. but its only 0.02 deg on each wheel..

JB 8)

Keira

Re: BumpSteer kit feedback best all in £200 quid you can spe

kyepan said:
Granted the car still suffers from the front lifting under heavy acceleration but nowhere near as much.
go get yourself the whiteline handling kit next and problemo solved :wink:

J

jaigtir

Yeah, i had it all fitted, pity i didnt get a chance to use it :? ..........................yet :twisted:

daz

not being funny but yes the bumpsteer kit is good but 200 quid for 10 months driving before they were fucked aint my idea of the best 200 quid you will ever spend???????

kyepan

yep 0.02 left and 0.02 right so a total of 0.04 pos all round.. this seemed about the average of all the road setups i read on here.

on second thoughts perhaps neutral toe would have been better for inner wear, but the car feels lively and responsive.

C

Crazy

Fastguy
What about the cheap bumpsteer kit? That'll be better value
Thats the kit I have (+ a few whiteline goodies) and I am very pleased with it :wink:

Sonnygtir

not being funny but yes the bumpsteer kit is good but 200 quid for 10 months driving before they were f***ed aint my idea of the best 200 quid you will ever spend???????
I had this too. No refund either. :cry:

kyepan

in the wet.. and it was very very wet tonight..

IT DRIFTS

getting on the power a bit heavy mid bend, it drifts just enough to make you grin, and not enough to scare you.. only works in the wet though..

in the dry round a local big roundabout you used to be able to do about 55 if you were pushing it and understeering.. now you can do 60 with no understeer, solid as a rock.

:lol:

G

GTiRsalter

I had the bumpsteer kit for a year until they wore out so much they rattled going over smallbumps. so much slack the car was all over the place.

£200 in the bin, on went the 10+ year old standard ones that felt like new.

just got the understeer back tho :cry: but saving £200 a year brings a small smile back :)

ian.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
did you have dust seals on?
This is the key factor, powerstation should have really done some R&D before selling "the best suspension mod for the GTi-R". We do live in wet, dirty old England after all and I would have thought it fairly obvious that ball joints if left uncovered and exposed to those harsh elements would wearout over a very short time. Even after peolpe complaining about them wearing out in a year they still haven't sorted it out, the rubber boots only cost about a fiver.

We all know where to get these rubbber boots from don't we ???

O

Odin

stevepudney said:
We all know where to get these rubbber boots from don't we ???

Yep I do :wink: I have them fitted to mine :D .

Also if you are an owner of the new cheaper bumpsteer kit (thanks Gordon) if you wear out the joint's they can be replaced for about £20 a side I think, So in my opinion that make's them better and cheaper than the standard track rod's 8) .

rob