bucket seats help

nimhbk

Hi guys just got some sparco evo2 seats...
if any one has these or similar, is it base mounts i only need or sub frames as well, are bucket seats hard to fit...

Many thanks

Nick

Braveheart

you will need to get base mounts or slidding mounts.
I found my OMP track buckets sat too high in the car on slidders and will be taking them out and fitting them onto fixed mounts.
It's a bit of a footer and the mounts often need to be modified to fit.
You may be lucky and source a set that will fit.

Here's just one thread I found but do a search as this has been discussed a few times:

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32800&highlight=bucket+seats

MINESGTIR

Ive got a pair of Sparco EVO L seats.

Rip apart your standard Frames

(If you want sliders) then fabriacte new mounts up, find the right hight.. .then weld together and bolt in.

Thats the simple explanation.

P

pulsarboby

did you get these off andythb?
if so yhey come with side mounts that will need an awfull lot of fabricating to make them fit.
as tom has said above, rip standard seat mounts apart and make something from them, but its not a five minute job matey.

nimhbk

not wanting sliders just want it in the one place, i was hoping it was just going to be a bolt on job

GTiR_Mic

Nothing is ever bolt on with these cars :lol:

You will most likley have to fabricate some new frames for them.

Mic

Dasilva

I'm running Cobra seat frames and they didn't fit that well plus you can't even use the sliding rails because you can't get your legs under the sterring wheel.

I'm thinking of cut the orignal seat frames to bits but its not going to be a quick job but well worth it.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
GTiR_Mic said:
Nothing is ever bolt on with these cars :lol:

You will most likley have to fabricate some new frames for them.

Mic
no, not for you it wasn't, you got someone else did all your "bolting on" for you :lol: :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
not sure if the pics in this thread of the fixed mounts I made will help.........

click here

..........and not sure if it's the seat style but my backside is now about 40mm lower than it was in the standard seat, so much so that with the steering wheel in its lowest position the wheel position was still to high (I'm 6'1") and I had to do some chopping and welding to the steering column mounts to lower it into the right position.

I think one of the things that helped me get the seat lower is setting the mounts a little further back on the floor (not so much the seat as your feet obviously still need to reach the pedals) one of the things that helps you sit back a little further is a snap off steering wheel mount as this positioned the wheel about 35mm further back.