Broken my Autometer manual Gauge me thinks... Doh!

Braveheart

I think I have knackered my Autometer manual Oil Temp gauge (5741) while fitting. This item was purchased while I was working in USA a year ago along with other autometer gauges and is not a return item.
Having followed the “Caution Label” and making sure I did not micro bend or strain the tubing or probe, the probe end bottomed out when I fitted to a Mocal oil filter relocation mount…. :doh:! Functions more like an oil pressure sensor now... :roll: The sealed housing has come away from the probe.

I'm wondering if it's serviceable, think it's charged with ether and is there a boss that I can fit between mocal and probe to solve the clearance issue. It's about 2mm too long.

nimhbk

I Know that feeling Fella
i have a hks oil temp gauge, and the probe that was in the sump did not clear my mothers sleeping bollard, and got ripped out!

Good old hks uk said sorry we dont supply spares for gauges any more. Bloody robbing bas@@@ds so now i have £115 gauge which is no bloody good

Braveheart

I got am email back from an Autometer suppliers saying the same thing.... buy a new one.... bugger... will byte the bullet and get another but still have to find a boss or suitable washers to save the replacement item. Here was me thinking get it off the floor away from the sump and keep it safe..:doh: