Boosting properly, but it doesn't feel like it!

A

Anonymous

Yet another problem with the car.... :cry:

The car feels like its just a 2ltr n/a :oops:

When you put your foot down the turbo spools up(and d/v goes off when released) but you don't get that pull you'd expect.

Ben D came and had a go and thought it was gay as can be as well. Anyone have any ideas? Preferably cheap ideas :roll:

Just run the fault diagnostic thing and it came up with 55 - ok.

please help! thanks. 8)

A

Anonymous

Aftermarket boost gauge goes to 10psi, though on one occasion prior to all this im sure it went to 11psi :?

A

Anonymous

Something sounds like it was blowing last night. Had the turbo gasket changed last week(which set me back a few hundred quid!) so i'll be pissed if its that.

Gonna go for a blast and see whats going down....

A

Anonymous

Right, just got back. Good news and bad news!

Bad News:
Still feels like its got no turbo!
Booted it in 1st and it did seem to have the 'turbo pull' but 2nd+ was pants.

It really struggled to get past 100, tho i did get up to 110 on the motorway

(oh oh oh, it mean kph officer...honest :roll: )

Good News:
The flamer is working nicely :twisted:

ashills

id be careful pushing that sort of speeds if theres a problem etc
if theres a leak etc then teh turbo will have to be working way above what it normally would to supply the air needed

A

Anonymous

:shock: better take it easy then :?

Just taken the battery off to reset the ecu, will see what happens......

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It could be worth checking your fuelling, if it's started over fuelling that will kill power.

C

charlie

i just done my turbo gasket myself, cost me £15 :p and some grazed knuckles :cry:

How does the car idle? mine was an arse to start with, read the post a few down i made

A

Anonymous

I hope it's not the fueling :cry: i only had powerstation do all that last week!

The car seems to idle between 1000~1500rpm, it like 1500rpm the most though. Upon gear change, if i hold the clutch down, the car goes to 1000 then bounces back to 1500.

I'll check out your posts.....

Davey

Yeah, i'd go with carls advice, did they set it up for you, or just change the gaskets?
When mikey had it, it always pulled ok, my moneys on that gasket again :cry:

A

Anonymous

A different gasket had gone, this wasn't the cause for the lack of power though.

There were two holes in the turbo :shock: it looks like there was something screwed there. Nick @ P/S threw a couple of bolts in there for me but i dunno why it was like that. Bloody shat myself when i noticed it.

Time for 1bar! :D