boost

sparky paul

hey people,
basically without sounding stupid as i dont know alot about these cars yet... alot of people seem to think on the 1.4 bar my boost gauge shows at 320 proven bhp think it should be seeing more like 350+ at that boost. is that correct?
i know its had z32, 700cc inj, gt28 turbo etc and was mapped before i got the car,
does this sound a low bhp at that bar?
could i turn the boost down slighlty but still have that bhp level as the internals are standard im aware?

cheers,
paul.

P

pulsarboby

that is low, mine produced around 380 odd @1.5 bar on a gt2871 and rpm was ltd to 6500 as h/g was blowing

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
That sounds about what a standard turbo should do.

There's alot of GT28s out there, which one is it?

snoon

also, if your still on the standard turbo elbow that can really restrict the power levels

gtir_pimp

if you turn the boost down the bhp will drop. are you sure the rollers are accurate? and is that bhp at the wheels or flywheel?

R

riske

as most have said you should be around the 350bhp mark with those mods and the standard turbo however at the pressure with a gt28 should be over 350. But i wouldnt take it past 350with standard internals without a really good map. even so your walking a thin line. Get it looked at again. Are you definately sure your running 1.5bar?!

snoon

Mine only made 316BHP at 1.4 bar and 319BHP at 1.6 BAR on a standard T28 (360 bearings) due to the standard elbow. It made over 350BHP at 1.4 with no other mods except a 3" elbow/downpipe.

sparky paul

info is great guys.. im goin to find out exactly what turbo it is and if the elbow is standard.

i have 2 boost gauges and both show 1.4 bar held at 320 bhp which i asume is at the fly not wheels but again will check.

thanks people :)

John

info is great guys.. im goin to find out exactly what turbo it is and if the elbow is standard.

i have 2 boost gauges and both show 1.4 bar held at 320 bhp which i asume is at the fly not wheels but again will check.

thanks people :)
Your boost gauge shows you have 320bhp?! :doh:

A boost gauge shows your boost, in no way can it show you how many bhp you have or are you meaning you ran on a RR at 1.4bar and it produced 320bhp?

sparky paul

yes ran on rolling road, lol i know it dont show bhp, on the rollers it was 320bhp at 1.4bar
and both my gauges prove the bar level read out as their the same.
im hoping this to be the elbow being of standard.. if so ill get an uprated/larger one fitted but then would it need re mapping or will it run the same 1.4 bar but just let more horses through?

cheers

R

riske

or do as many mods as you can then get a remap. saves cash and time. your move

sparky paul

as far as mods go its only really internals id change now but would that need mapping after also?
if i uprated the pistons etc?
also would anyone recommend where to get the 3inch? elbow.
and does it just simply replace the old or does it need modifying?
cheers guys helps alot.

Last edited: