boost problem, please help

S

sR20DET

i have recently put my pulsar back together after throwing a cam follower on the quater mile and although it starts first time and idles fine it isn't boosting properly, the gauge is showing positive presure but there is no power with it just extra exhaust noise:sad: .
also if i remove the pipe from the inlet manifold that runs to the actuator it is putting out possitive presure at idle and not a vacum as i expected.

can anyone help?:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

sR20DET said:
also if i remove the pipe from the inlet manifold that runs to the actuator it is putting out possitive presure at idle and not a vacum as i expected.

can anyone help?:thumbsup:

so its blowing air out of the vacuum pipe from manifold???:? thats virtually impossible when the throttle starts to open. i would recheck that if i were you, but rev the car then you should feel vacuum pressure as it sucks the end of your finger in the hole. at idle with butterflies closed, there will be little or no pressure

if the revs are rising but your going nowhere fast, sounds as though your clutch is slipping big time to me.

Last edited by a moderator: