Boost Problem, accurator?

karting

Over the weekend i taught a cossie a thing or two and whilst on 1.1 boost towards the end of the gear range there was a pop and a sudden loss of boost. (although it wasnt running lumpy like when a pipe pops off) the weirdest thing was though that it would pick up boost fine untill it peaked at 1.1 and then it just throw all the pressure out. Could that be wastegate, dumpvale or accurator?

Sam

ricey

in my 200sx that happened to me it

it turned out a vac hose had popped of and the car over boosted and hit fuel cut at 18psi - 1.1bar. (it feels lik you just hit something) so i chipped it and turned it up to 1.2 lo:lol: l

might not be the same but i would start checking boost hoses mate

hope this helps

Last edited:

karting

Yeah it does feel like it hits something and slows. Ive checked the boost pipes already and all are new as a pipe split two months ago. I havnt checked the vacuum pipes yet. By that you mean the small thin pipes? If so i might just renew the whole lot of vacuum pipes.

ricey

the small vacum pipes that somtimes are on the intercooler pipes. if there is a leak in vacum that messures boost then boost will build in till it hits fuel cut

if a big hose spilts the car usually will run lumpy and not build boost propley.

karting

Yeah thats what i thought. It was still runnin fine and smooth so instantly knew it wernt the boost pipe. Also there is no vacuum pipe running along the intercooler pipework. Ill double check everything. Btw do you know the internal diameter of the vacuum pipes? Saves me having to wait till tomorrow when i can next check

karting

Perhaps, but why after a good 3 months of running and changing between .8 and 1.1 all the way through the rev ranges, would it suddenly not be setup right? Thats what makes me think its something else. Even more so after the fact the air pressure was suddenly released