boost on these mods

A

Anonymous

hi,no doubt this has been asked before,but need to know that the car will be safe on these mods.hopin for 1.4 bar to be ran.

blitz air filter
full goose'
hiteq fuel pump
apexi safc and avc-r
se nissan front mount (huuuuuge!)
ND oil cooler
magnacor leads
platinum plugs
recent re-built turbo with uprated turbo seals and bearings,
and.....

a very expensive engine re-build,with JE forged pistons 87mm,hks metal headgasket,full bottom end re-build,new shims,valve springs,timing chain,etc.

anyone think this is expecting to much?

A

Anonymous

im hoping for 340bhp,but i know the turbo is gonna be flat out....whats the max boost/power for standard turbo?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
1.4bar easy mate... Just make you get it mapped properly or it'll be another re-build.. :wink:

M

memski

What's the cr with the new pistons and headgasket?

A standard R can run 1.4bar with a fmic and adequate fuelling, seeing as you've had the turbo reconned then 1.4bar should be your low boost setting :wink:

A

Anonymous

1.8 bar?like the sound of that! will the standard rods be ok?i know they are quite tough.what turbo do you recommend,with no sky high prices.

skiddusmarkus

Personally I wouldn't run 1.8bar on the standard rods and even on uprated ones not all the time as it will sjhorten the life of the engine.I want my rebuilt engine to last more than a couple of years.
You could get away with one of the GT T28's at that boost though and keep low lag.