Boost & Gearbox

A

Anonymous

Just wondering what boost a standard R runs? Also whats the expected life of the gearbox?

Cheers

mattygti-r

why did u take a whooping? lol

standard box will last as well as its looked after, thou anything higher than 300bhp? and ur looking for a new uprated box

standard boost is 0.7

A

Anonymous

Nah, just wondering. Not really worth trying to race one. But i want one in a year or so when i am 21. Just trying to learn as much as i can about them before i get one :D

mattygti-r

good lad, youve seen the R side..

least you dont try and race em...

im fuming tonight..just been to southend with another member on this forum and the amount of stupid racing fiestas, bmws, puntos, etc that nearly crashed into me , :roll:

skiddusmarkus

I looked at getting a Punto GT recently as a 2nd car-I've ended up spending the money on mods for mine though :oops: .Cracking little cars and at 163bhp it ain't gonna be slow.Similar bhp/ton to a standard GTiR will mean a standard Sunny/Pulsar won't seem that much faster than yours when rolling but the difference in takeoff is massive and when you first experience in it,you won't stop grinning.

J

jonnyboy

had mine just over 4 year's now, and still grinning!! :twisted: :twisted: :D :wink:

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
I looked at getting a Punto GT recently as a 2nd car-I've ended up spending the money on mods for mine though :oops: .Cracking little cars and at 163bhp it ain't gonna be slow.Similar bhp/ton to a standard GTiR will mean a standard Sunny/Pulsar won't seem that much faster than yours when rolling but the difference in takeoff is massive and when you first experience in it,you won't stop grinning.
It is a fast car for a 1.4. But i like u say it is more on an in gear car from a standstill it is so hard to get traction.

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
i had an uno turbo that beat a R up a box hill last year. my uno was 145bhp ish. sorry lads but it has got to be said uno's and punto are well under rated cars.
but an R, thats a diffrent league all together. i dont think i will be selling my R for a long time :D
4 months later and i'm still grinning :D

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
when you first experience in it,you won't stop grinning.
Reminds me of the day I drove mine home from the importer :)

Even had a little giggle to myself after finding the high boost button on the evc :twisted:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Had my car mapped and setup to 1.4bar... 4 days later I stripped 5th gear... :cry:

Rishi

C

caz

I was gutted with mine when I first got it. It was totally standard and soooo slow compared to me pals modded cars. And I was gutted when I only got 230bhp on the rollers. Got the Dawes device to up the boost and I was like :twisted: :twisted: :shock: :D :D sweeeet. It went like a rocket til I went into 3rd and from there it just pulled and pulled.

I ain't been higher than 0.9 and am still running standard clutch. But I'm careful through the gears and no 4thou rpm launches.

ashills

my punto GT kept with my pulsar when it was on standard boost
but GT was knocking on 190bhp so was a fair contest