Boost gauge

LeeSmith

Can any one give me some advise on how to fit an after market boost gauge???

I've just got one of these digital ones and haven't a clue how to fit one!!!

I did a search and couldn't find anything & I also looked on the front page and there's no info :cry:

Thanks in advance!!!!

M

memski

Hi mate, what brand is your guage? With my Greddy one it was a case of plumbing the vacuum line into the map sensor line and wiring the power/ign/lights to it. Cocked it up first time and it would flash whenever I indicated to turn :lol:

A

Anonymous

alright mate ive just fitted a new gauge and boost controller but mine was just a tube and ign wire give me bell some time and ill give u hand

LeeSmith

OK Bufton came tomy house to give me a hand to install the gauge.. opened the box & there are no hoses at all or t pieces so that I can connect the thing to my car....maybe someone took them out the box...

Rigged it up to Buftons pipeline to check the gauge works & was getting a reading of 0 - when car engine on, so no negative value is displayed, revved it a bit to see if n e thing happened - nothing (i know it won't show any positive value in neutral but maybe something should happen as it does on the standard gauge....took the boost pipe off - getting readings of 64.4Bar........hmmm

Phoned up the place where I bought it & they didnt have a clue if it came with anything....... Finally got through to someone with half a brain who was willing to open another one and find out.

No hoses at all - jusat the gauge, sender unit, crappy bit of paper telling u what wires are "supposed to go where".

A

Anonymous

im still unsure about that that sender unit mate id get up there and make em open another 1 up and have look cos all the gauges ive seen the hoses just slide on! that brass connector on the sender looks like its for oil temp or summat