Boost controller settings

Ive just fitted a Greddy Profec B II and need to know the settings for the following boost levels - 0.7bar and 1bar..Did a search and found a rough 1bar boost setup but no standard boost figures.

Also, have i plumbed it in correctly - ive got the actuator going to COM, the inlet manifold going to NO and the pipe that comes off the inlet also tee'd into NO. The feed to the Greddy unit itself i have tee'd into the feed for my A pillar boost gauge, which came from the fuel pressure regulator. I only ask as before fitting, my boost gauge used to be at -20psi on idle and now its at -10psi. Also the Greddy isnt setup with any settings yet but when i went for a spin i saw 15psi on my boost gauge before i backed off! Dont want to be running unlimited boost..

Cheers,

Dan

jameswrx2

Not really sure what you've done mate, but you should only have one feed to the solenoid NO barb.

You're correct in that COM goes to actuator and NO comes from the feed on the nipple on the side of the inlet.

Forget other peoples settings by the way. Just build up your own settings and get to learn what does what with the unit. One set of settings on one car will be different. I fitted some slightly different boost hose to mine and it made a difference to the boost level, so trying another mans settings aren't ideal IYSWIM.

I take it you don't have instructions? Have a look on Greddy's website, there is a PDF document on there for fitting and controls.

No i dont have an instruction booklet or any documentation except for a guarantee thats all in japanese!

Thanks for the advice mate, will have a play around. Just wanted to get a rough idea first so i dont blow the engine up :lol:

As for the extra line, its the one that is just after the airfilter. On the standard setup it goes to one side of the boost solenoid...

Dan

jameswrx2

Have you still got the top mount intercooler on?

As I say just run a hose from the inlet side nipple to NO on solenoid and COM to actuator. The other hosing is the cars original hosing and needs to be removed, just trace it to the solenoid and remove it. You can leave the 'waste' hose from the original solenoid to the inlet pipe in place.

And as I say, have a look on Greddy website, tech info and scroll down, you'll see the instructions for the profec B spec 2

Just start low and you won't blow it up!

Cheers mate - i get it now. Gonna unplug the extra line and block it off tommorrow after work.

Will also have a play about with some settings.

Cheers :thumbsup:

edit - got a front mount cooler. The 2 pipes that ran through that to the inlet have been joined.