boost controller plumbing

Empty Pockets

Hi, Just got a "old school" hks evc 3 and on the solonoid there are three pipes, In the instructions it states that one pipe goes off actuator, one before the throttle butterflies and one after. Was going to go straight off the actuater like stated in the manual, one off the inlet manifold where it joins the very top part of the standard cooler and the other off the pipe on the underside of the standard cooler. Now i have just spent the evening fitting this thing and a fmic and have realised that now i've switched to a fmic the pipe thats on the underside of the standard cooler is no more! Has anyone got pics of where theres are plumbed in as ts my first attempt at fitting one, have all the instructions but they are not gtir specific. Thanks for the help, Russ.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I don't have pics, but I can tell you how mine is plumbed-in:
Port 1 goes to a boost source - mine is T'd into the line that the after market gauge is on.
Port 2 goes to the standard port on the side of the intake plenum
Port 3 goes to the wastegate actuator.

That works for me, but make sure the hoses are in tight because I find that if that boost source hose leaks I start loosing power.
Essentially this setup gives you:
A boost source for the unit to read.
A source to provide pressure to the wastegate.
A line to open the wastegate when the pressure is high enough.

Last edited:

geetee

I've never plumbed in an evc 3 but using Pobody's numbering for the ports...
Port 1 to pipe 4 on diagram (use a T piece)
Port 2 to pipe 5 (or 9) on diagram (even with an FMIC that pipe will be there in some form just not routed through the TMIC frame).
Port 3 to pipe 7 (to actuator)

I think that's right lol :)

Empty Pockets

Thanks lads, think i know what to do now.. Will get straight on it as soon as this damn rain stops. Thanks again pobody & geetee, would have been a real struggle without the help:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I know that the HKS instructions are a little confusing, so it took me a while to get it in right.
I'm just glad that I've got to regurgitate the knowledge!