Boost and power questions?

A

Anonymous

Hello everyone,

I've been buying bits and getting them fitted ready to turn up the boost from standard. I'm nearly there, just a few more parts to fit and then I'm getting it set-up on the rollers.

Here's what I have so far, fitted and to go on-

Stainless exhaust (unknown Jap make)
K&N induction kit
HKS SSBOV
HKS turbo timer
Race-tech boost gauge
Greddy Profec B spec 2 boost controller
Norris Designs uprated fuel pump
APEXi S-AFC 2
Forge front mount intercooler

I'm getting an uprated clutch; not sure which to go for?

Is there anything I'm missing off this list if I'm aiming for something like 1.2 bar? What sort of power could I expect from this, providing it's set-up correctly?

Sorry if this seems a little basic, I just want to be sure before I crank the boost up and blow the engine!

Any help would be much appreciated! :D

O

Odin

Mone got 311 bhp at 1.2 bar so you should see 290-320 hp for that
as for clutches I think most of the lads are useing the Helix(sp)clutch,

It all depends on how far you want to go mate as to what clutch is best
for your needs in the long term :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

Re: re

johnwillett992 said:
some cams ive got hks about the same spec as u with a unichip and 1.1 bar and ive got 341bhp

john
Yeah right I'd like to have ago at them rollers with my Motec :wink:

GINGA

Yeah right I'd like to have ago at them rollers with my Motec
I know your getting a bit desperate with your car being off the road and waiting for bits etc but don't you think just putting the motec ecu on the rollers is a bit silly :lol: or have you attached it to that radio controlled scooby you've got now :?: :lol:

A

Anonymous

I've heard that a paddle clutch can put extra strain on the gearbox, is this true? Should I go for an organic one or will the paddle be okay with standard running gear? How drivable are the paddle's?

mattygti-r

the AP paddle ive in my R is not that bad to drive really, love it when its open road or u need a "head start" at the lights :wink:

the only problem i find is if you hit traffic and get stuck in a "stop start" traffic jam then its a real b*tch, the car judders if u dont get it spot on on the bite, but over all its a good clutch.