Bonnet wont close - URGENT!

boucherie

After finally fitting new turbo and manifold i went to close the bonnet ready for shakedown tests and the bloody thing wont shut, it latches on but doesnt want to fully close even though i can get the bonnet to lay flush when i press down on it. ive checked everything is lined up but for some reason the catch wont come over and hold the bonnet down, i need this sorted asap otherwise im gona have to use gaffer tape to hold the bonnet down to get me to jae!!

oldaneal

if i remember right the latch assembly is on slots not holes so it can be adjusted up and down mite be worth tryin or the rubber bits on either end of the bonnet to adjust it as well that the only other thing ive managed to do once was to set the latch off as if it was locked down just pulled the release again and it fixed that

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
boucherie said:
After finally fitting new turbo and manifold i went to close the bonnet ready for shakedown tests and the bloody thing wont shut, it latches on but doesnt want to fully close even though i can get the bonnet to lay flush when i press down on it. ive checked everything is lined up but for some reason the catch wont come over and hold the bonnet down, i need this sorted asap otherwise im gona have to use gaffer tape to hold the bonnet down to get me to jae!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Classic

You must have moved something somewhare along the line. Just adjust the catch on the slam panel untill it fits, like matey says the catch is on slots and is adjustable.

Steve

boucherie

right had another go adjusting the bolts and stuff and i can now close it when i put some weight behind it so thats gud enough for me!