Blue Print Head Bots.

Gtirchris

Hey Guys and Gals, has anyone ever used Blueprint head bolts on their GTI-R engine, I know that Blueprint products are regarded as being as good as oe quality but I was after some feedback good or bad before I buy them, thanks.:thumbsup:

Murff93GTiR

Ive been told arp r shite as they arent long enough and cause the head to lift and too only use nissan head bolts but also that head bolts can be used upto 3 times so if u know they havent been off or have been off once just use them again as they are pricey from nissan.

red reading

If you are going to use old headbolts get them measured to make sure they are in spec, if they havent stretch'd they are fine.

wrc

Blue print are very good quality yes, and I wouldn't hesitate to fit anything blue print to my cars (I've worked along side blue print in factoring for years & years). But even though I've been factoring for years, I'd money allows I would fit genuine - but blue print is an excellent alternative.

Gtirchris

Blue print are very good quality yes, and I wouldn't hesitate to fit anything blue print to my cars (I've worked along side blue print in factoring for years & years). But even though I've been factoring for years, I'd money allows I would fit genuine - but blue print is an excellent alternative.
Thanks guys, I know not to fit the arp headstuds after the stories I have heard, I will weigh up the cost of some nissan ones and go from there.;-)

bensmith907

I just got some nissan ones. it put a nice £160 hole where my wallet used to be! would be interested to hear how much the blue print ones are?

Gtirchris

Ouch!! :shock:, well I priced up some blueprint ones from my local factors, and they quoted me £36 plus the vat. although I may see how much I can get some nissan ones for from the states as I need some other nissan bits and bobs.