Blow through setups

skiddusmarkus

I twisted the maf around so the cap is horizontal and I can't say it made much difference.I also notice a hidden mikalor clamp was lose, so tightened that up and the pipe coming into the reducer on the z32 was pushed right in, past the reducing bit which I can imagine would cause some reversion itself.I pulled that out so it was nice and smooth transition inside and took it for a little drive.
It doesn't want to stall when I come to a junction anymore and seems fine with boost, but once you lift off and are on a light throttle for normal driving its still not right, power seems to be coming and going.
My guess its its maybe still got a little reversion or its just the fact that it needs to be tuned for the z32 being much closer to the throttle and higher air temps.
Vacuum is around 0.20 atm, am sure it was higher than that before so think the gasket on the z32 is leaking as everythin else is nice and tight.

Last edited:

danr

That is not correct! With the 3L3A-12B579-BA a friend of me has 475 PS @ 3.8V. So i think there is much more possible or what you think ;-)
Ok, well that's good :_) So you're saying in a 4" pipe it will go more than 400bhp? I know if you increase pipe size, it will flow more air and thus more bhp.
Asking on eectuning in US, and table conversion works out to be ~400.. Will have to find table and upload it here.. I may have been calculating 3.5" ..

this'll do for now..

Last edited:

skiddusmarkus

I wasn't confident in keeping a good seal and no reversion from so many bits of pipe and silicone and the z32 maf adapter is made of plastic which doesn't give a very good seal so I bought Red Reading's custom made pipe.It came today so I fitted it and redid my pipework....again.I now have hardly any silicone in it from the original Forge design.
Anyway, as soon as I started it up the difference was obvious.Vacuum has gone from 0.2 bar to 0.3bar at tickover(around 0.5bar when lifting off and coasting).It also revs freely like it should do.I took it for a test drive to see what falls off and had to stop a couple of times as hoses blew off on the new setup.Good thing was though that I could still drive it fine, albeit with no power and get to somewhere safe to get under the car.
I'm sure most people aren't interested but am posting this for the sake of anyone searching in the future as often these threads don't get to a conclusion.The moral of the story is, if you want to run blowthrough get a proper pipe liek the one I bought off Danny and save yourself a lot of messing about.

skiddusmarkus

Knew I could count on you for some abuse.

Forgot to say before, throttle is no longer pulsing when pottering about on part throttle.

Last edited: