Blow off valve

popeye

I have got what appears to be a copy HKS SSQV, it seems to be leaking on idle as when you clamp the vacum pipe that leads to it the idle becomes more steady, does that mean its broken? If so is there any other valve that is easy to replace this one with? As this one is retained by a circlip into a housing that is welded into the FMIC pipe. What is a good valve to use to avoid issues with the AFM (unmetered air etc) does it need to recirculate?

J

jpward

popeye said:
I have got what appears to be a copy HKS SSQV, it seems to be leaking on idle as when you clamp the vacum pipe that leads to it the idle becomes more steady, does that mean its broken? If so is there any other valve that is easy to replace this one with? As this one is retained by a circlip into a housing that is welded into the FMIC pipe. What is a good valve to use to avoid issues with the AFM (unmetered air etc) does it need to recirculate?
How about just buy a genuine one it will no doubt fit into the 38mm housing that was probably also coppied ;-)

Take it to bits and replace the spring with a stronger one. I've done it to a couple of these fake SSQVs, it works a treat. The standard spring in them is pathetic, hence the leak at idle. I got a replacement spring from a local hardware store of the right diameter and just cut it to length.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Major_Sarcasm said:
Take it to bits and replace the spring with a stronger one. I've done it to a couple of these fake SSQVs, it works a treat. The standard spring in them is pathetic, hence the leak at idle. I got a replacement spring from a local hardware store of the right diameter and just cut it to length.
you mean you have hardware stores on the Island :shock:

The replacement spring cost me half a sheep I'll have you know. As you're no doubt aware, we still use the barter system here, non of your new-fangled money.

My manifold gasket cost me 12 cows... (I got a few potatoes change though).