Blitz SBC & Meter mounting ideas?

G

GTI-R Kid

Hi folks. Myself and her indoors have a Blitz Power meter and an SBC boost controller that we're planning on fitting to our car. Right now we don't really know how or where they're going to be mounted so we're looking for ideas.

Can anyone who has these fitted suggest where to position them - or even better post pics please? We're thinking of the center vents so they could be side by side and use the infrared link (though personally I'd like them on the steering column for ease of visibility). But we'd like to get an idea of what these positions would look like before committing to anything.:doh:

Even people with AVC-R's please post pics - the overall dimensions aren't too different so it would still help.

So far all I've managed to find in the gallery is the pic below - but this still leaves a gaping hole around the units.

Please post some pics!:thumbsup:

paz

How about getting cruise to knock you up some form of custom holder, maybe for the A-Pillar?

paz

G

GTI-R Kid

Already have a twin-pillar for gauges. And don't think even cruise could make it look good with the two units side by side. Would stick out waaaaay too much.:oops:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

mount it like it is in the pic, but from stopping there being a big hole in the back just get some carbon fiber steet and stick that behind it

G

GTI-R Kid

Ninja_tune_factory said:
mount it like it is in the pic, but from stopping there being a big hole in the back just get some carbon fiber steet and stick that behind it
Thought of that but think it might look a bit haphazard and slapped together. Plus herself hates carbon (not a huge fan myself).

Cheers for the suggestion though.:thumbsup:

G

GTI-R Kid

Tis an idea - but the only other bit of shiny stuff on the inside is the gearknob so it might stand out a bit. Herself is a bit paranoid about things standing out too much and being attractive to scum, so trying to find some way of making it less obvious and maybe more factory look if you know what I mean. While also being easily visible from the drivers seat of course.

I have one or two ideas in my head, but was hoping that I wasn't the only one on here that was fitting these and hence might get to see some pics for more ideas.

Mr GTiR

My bro is quite handy with filler and alcantara and knocked me this up

As you can see it's all flushed in.

G

GTI-R Kid

Now thats the sort of idea i'm after!

Cheers for that Andy:thumbsup:

Mr GTiR

Rob (GTiR Kid), just mask around the sides of the untis with masking tape and make sure the faces are covered with either cling film or masking tape. Body filler is a pain ifyou get it onto the meters.

PM me if you want a detailed instructions on how to make the meter holder ;-)

N

Ninja_tune_factory

yer i did , why i the **** i spelt it like that i dont no lol , haveing one of them weeks you dont want to no

Lionel