Black Smoke from exhaust

G

gtirbhp

Hi guys ok so now i have fixed the MAF on the car (this problem here : http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50502) but the car still has a low and erratic idle and have black smoke coming out the exhaust obviously alot more of it when you give the car a little rev.. Any ideas whatsoever?

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

sounds to me as though you have an injector or 2 thats either blocked or malfunctioning. if theres a stream of fuel coming out as opposed to a mist then it will not atomise correctly and fire on that cylinder as it should do.

remove injectors from housing in inlet manifold and crank the car over whilst you watch the spray pattern from them (especially 3 & 4) or change them for a known good set!

could also be a faulty ecu causing the prob or coolant temp sensor to ecu but if it were the latter then it would not kick out black smoke when cold, only hot! but try the injectors first.

if you like i will send you a known good set if you cover p+p and if they work you can pay for them then, if not just send them back.

G

gtirbhp

Thats spot on man cheers for the info how much is the P+P and i will send it tomorrow (and i mean tomorrow unlike the last time :lol:) I will send to your usual paypal as thats a massive help m8 and hopefully thats the prob..

Cheers again for the help/parts and will pm you moro once payment sent!

P

pulsarboby

a fiver will cover p+p, send me your address and il get the mrs to post them out wednesday morning for you.
hopefully they will do the trick

G

gtirbhp

Spot on m8 thats perfect and cheers for this AND thanks for the other parts - my internet has been off for last 2 days so not been able to get back to you to say cheers.

Will let you know the results but will prob just take them off your hands anyway!

Cheers m8

antgtir

Have you tried looking for vacuum leaks? A similar thing happens when a hose is blown off a front mounted R.

Ant.

G

gtirbhp

im pretty sure all hoses are fine but is there a thread somewhere which would indicate which hoses to check ?

cheers