Big turbo,mapping ,your thoughts?

SickBoy

For the non mechanical of us this is interesting reading!!!!

So with a 3037 you can get 400BHP out of a standard engine with lots of cooling mods

Wot is the spool up like on this turbo and when is max boost reached ??

Also why im here to settle at say 375 to 400 BHP wot turbo is best

As in spools up well fast and reaches max boost at the lowest point ????

Just interested

Thanks Lee

Keira

SickBoy said:
Also why im here to settle at say 375 to 400 BHP wot turbo is best

As in spools up well fast and reaches max boost at the lowest point ????

Just interested

Thanks Lee
the best bet would be either a gt2871r or 3071r, both direct fit on standard manifold, both internal wastegate, both 5 bolt exhaust housing same as standard and both cheaper than the 3037 :wink: they wil both produce 400bhp, the 3071 450bhp 8) far less hassle than fitting the 3037.

they should both be at full boost by 4000-4500rpm, the gt2871r being probably better suited to your requirements.

can be brought from the us for £1000ish although a little bit of jiggery pokery is required to get them on but nothing major, just a few silly little bits to do 8)

you will also require some form of map sensor or bigger afm (z32) as the standard one will max, bigger injectors and some management

pete-r

vpulsar said:
My turbo is pretty much the same as a 3037 I think and I'm getting mine mapped for 1.4 bar on the standard motor, That should see nearly if not 400 bhp, We will have to see who's last's longest :twisted: :lol: .

rob
Are you on standard internals aswell rob?The gtiroc will need to get a book going then to see whos lasts the longest :wink:

O

Odin

pete-r said:
Are you on standard internals aswell rob?

Yup :shock: :D . I do have the motec though so maybe I have a head start :wink: .

Also have a 3" frontmounted intercooler from hybrid and a 19 row oil cooler, Oh and I nearly forgot my 53mm alloy rad 8) :lol: .

rob

zia

i have (had sort of blew up) :evil: the hks gt2835 and came on boost by 2800 was on full song by 3700 rpm have found a place that can repair it. so will have it back on by end of next week carn,t wait to see what it will do on the new engine :wink: :D

zia

LOU ROB

I ran my totally standard engine with only a front mount, tubular manifold, remote wastegate, and a GT 25/40 running at 1.6 bar.

Had that set-up for 6+ months with no probs at all 8)