Best sub-frames for Cobra Monaco S seats

billyboy

Elo chaps, im thinking bout getting these seats. ive done a search and all i could find was that the cobra subframes wer too high and far back? Can anyone recommend any subframes for the Monacos?

Thanks

nimhbk

do you do short routes in your car...otherwise good luck with your back and your ar*e... went to liverpool in me friends car with them buckets in and could not walk for a week...

R

Russ'R

I have used the Cobra sub frames with the Monaco S seats and found them to be fine.

They so sit you a little high but not too bad.

I have driven to Nurburg and back twice last year and found them to be quite supportive actually.

bracpan

I also found mine suprisinly comfortable even on a long journey, What I did was get 2 lots of solid subframes one alloy and on steel, used the steel on the inner side of both seats so I could cut and weld it to suit and used the alloy on the outer side as they only had to be cut and re-drilled a bit..
Phil

Braveheart

Don't know the seats but the most awkward thing that I have found with my OMP track seats is getting in and out. A simple quick stop-off at a shop finds you using muscles that you did not know existed.

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
antgtir hasd cobra monaco S seats and he bought the sub-frames that came from the company he bought the seats from. They where fine..... a bit on the high side.

They sit quite far back even when they are on the closest setting to the steering wheel so Ant has put them on back to front so he can bring the seat nearer .