Best place for a 7" screen in an R

G

gotoinstant-redline

in the dustbin next to the car on the driveway at your house.
bloody hell its a rally car! dump the gimzmos and get some bucket seats and harnesses!!!

L.

A

Anonymous

gotoinstant-redline said:
bloody hell its a rally car! dump the gimzmos and get some bucket seats and harnesses!!!

L.
And you rally your R how often?

The screen is for navigation, I've got a long drive ahead of me soon and wanted to take the system with me so,

1) I know where I'm going down all the tiny single track lanes of Scotland
&
2) So I can find a petrol station near by the above

If you've ever trecked Scotland before, you'll know that petrol stations are few and far between, and even on major roads like the A9 are hidden off down yet more narrow country lanes.

A

Anonymous

Nah, it's just a screen used for a sav nav system. Has a little stand with it that can be stuck to the dash, but I just wanted to see where other people put theres.

I'm either going to stick it above the air vents, by the drivers side A piller, or in front of the ash tray.

G

gotoinstant-redline

Ben said:
gotoinstant-redline said:

L.
And you rally your R how often?

The screen is for navigation, I've got a long drive ahead of me soon and wanted to take the system with me so,

1) I know where I'm going down all the tiny single track lanes of Scotland
&
2) So I can find a petrol station near by the above

If you've ever trecked Scotland before, you'll know that petrol stations are few and far between, and even on major roads like the A9 are hidden off down yet more narrow country lanes.
about once every 2 weeks. why do you ask?

yeh scotland is a stich up for fuel. i've got a 10l jerry can i take with me jsut in case i get stuck.

L.

JIMMYBACK

thank god for that i thought there was a possobillity u was gonna pimp your ride........... neons etc................ sat nav is a must ....thats one of my next mods as i can never find my way out of my home town of chav ville :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

God no! I'm not in to booming sound systems, poxy neons or otherwise. The only music I need is the roar of the engine and cry from the dump valve.

Last time I was in Scotland I ended up with no petrol and every petrol station I drove past was closed. Don't much fancy doing that again.

M

madMATT

best place for 7" screen in r

yo ben get a tom tom go touch screen very accurate you can downloiad camera overlays to it very compact unit and is portable from car to car or just go walking with it and fully euro wide to all for 499 but alittle cheaper of the net

S

Sy.

Ben - thought you were going all techno then LOL ... Get some coloured lights in there as well !
I would mount mine above the vents ... or maybe above the glove box so the misses has something to look at !!

Keira

chrisniss91 said:
Fcuk all that just take a map, I have to :oops:
maps, f*ck maps :lol: thats far to easy :wink: , just take discodave along with printed directons from aa routefinder and tour half of southeast england on any journey you go on..

i.e Harlow to millhill north london via peterborough :shock: :lol:

gtirmouse

god some of you can be so anal sometimes!

he only asked a question.

dont get me wrong, im not a maxpower boy racer who only has one so i can stick a shite bodykit on it, but at the end of the day most of them are road cars not rally cars, so why not have one in there even if its for a ps2 and not sat' nav.

the one in the pic looks maxpower cos of the silly colour steering wheel, and pedals etc not coz of the tv headunit!

P

PrimeraRacer

I'm workin on a screen for my dash at the moment, its a 7" touchscreen too.... I'm using it for navigations and a rear view camera but most importantly its hooked up to a consult box so it displays all my cars sensors running, also does 0-60 times, data graphs and resets base idle n things (V Cool)

I know mines not an R but the principle could be the same in the centre console, I've lost the two air vents and flushed it into the dash.

heres a few pics to give you an idea (its not finished, grey primer)

and to those that think its max power.... good for you lol I dont care, I mod my car to my own tastes not yours :lol: